Playing Card Game Development

Hello everyone!

I have been working on a playing card game of sorts (think Blackjack variety), and I’ve got a very rough version of it published on GitHub using JS/HTML/CSS. I’m not a developer by any means, but I’m not new to coding in some respects either. I’ve done some research on trying to improve the game, and GDevelop seems like a potentially good fit.

I’ve browsed around here and watched some YouTube videos, and my end goal is just to put my relatively basic game out there on app stores. Not for income reasons really, but just something I want to accomplish. From a general standpoint, is it better to push through learning all of this myself, or maybe trying to employ outside help in a limited capacity to simply polish up what I have coded already?

I’m not in any rush to finish this, but I also don’t want to go down a path that ends up fruitless and costing a sizeable amount of money. I appreciate any advice here :slight_smile:

I would recommended getting help in the forums there are really nice poeple here that can help with no cost I am also working on a card game so somethings I might be able to help with

1 Like

Using Gdevelop to “polish” your game isnt going to work very well as you will need to pretty much port the whole game over here from scratch. Learning GDevelop is really easy and i would recommend to learn it yourself because card games especially arent that difficult to create in Gdev so learning it yourself is the best way to approach this.

1 Like

Thank you both! I’ll find some time in the near future to dig into GDevelop. Certainly doesn’t hurt to learn a new skill in this sector haha

1 Like