Preview Window Fixed Size?

Hi,

I am testing GDevelop with a small retro platformer project, with a resolution 320 x 180. However I don’t see an option to set the size of the Preview Window. Each time I do a play test, the window shrinks back to the low resolution dimensions, on my large display of 2560 x 1440, it’s tiny. Is there an option for 2x, 3x, 4x to set as default?

Thanks.

1 Like

The initial window size will always be of the resolution of the game, but you can use the actions to resize the game window. Note that this’ll only work in previews and PC exports though, as others do not possess a window, or at least none they can control.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that I’d missed an option, with a large resolution monitor it is a pain having to re-size the preview window each run - see the image attached:

Maybe there Is there a wishlist of things to suggest to the devs?

Just for reference, if you want to have your previews (for your current project) load up at a larger resolution, this event will not impact your final game, but will let your preview always run at 1280x720 (4x your game resolution). This is what Arthuro was mentioning.

Otherwise the intent is that the game preview runs exactly as the actual game does. (You can also hit f11 in preview to have it fullscreen)

3 Likes

Good idea, I didn’t consider that, I’ll give it a go.

I know this is old but i was looking to solve exact same problem as you did
And even so what ppl here suggest is good option i found that Maximize window action is kinda better
It’s easier to close preview window with X in upper right corner

1 Like