Pulling from database

Hello, thanks everyone on this forum for the help so far.
I’m trying to create a trivia game and so far I’ve had a lot of progress from my initial attempts. Every time the user clicks the next button new questions load up without a new scene being created, which really helps minimize the work. Now, I want to know if I can go 1 step further.

So far when a user clicks, an event occurs which pulls a question and 4 potential answers. Each answer also has an assigned true/false variable so when the wrong/right answer is clicked, the screen will turn green/red.

Is it possible to somehow link the actions to pull the same variables but from a database, like Microsoft access or some online database, instead of creating a bunch of scene variables.

I am new so this is all very unclear territory for me, but I’d like to know if anything I’m saying makes sense, or is doable, and if so, how I’d go about it. As always, I have checked YouTube and google but wasn’t able to find anything too helpful.

Thanks everyone.

You could use Firestore:

https://wiki.gdevelop.io/gdevelop5/all-features/firebase/firestore

1 Like

I’m going to look into this, thank you.

Hi @Ruskimedveyt .I want to ask you something. I want to put pictures as answers instead of texts in all questions. How can I do that? so I want the answers to be images, not text.