Regarding the issue of jump direction

I’m using the default control system, but this system allows the character to change direction in the air. If I want the character to jump in a fixed direction based on momentum and speed, like Mario, how can I achieve this? Can I accomplish this goal using the default controls?

You can using rhe default controls you will just have to turn the controls into code I can send you the code needed but i have to wait until I have time to do it

1 Like

Thank you, I’m not in a hurry.

I currently only have one idea, which is to allow the character to horizontally flip only when on the ground, but this only solves the direction issue and does not prevent the character from freely controlling in the air. I’m hoping there might be a better method.

1 Like

Can someone help me? thanks

Yea I can help I just got really busy sorry

1 Like

That’s okay, you can reply when you have time. Thank you. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Turn off default controls.

Add events with events that check the key press, and actions that simulate character control keypress:

Combine it with other conditions to get it to work how you like (for example with an “Is player on floor”).

1 Like

Is there no other way to do this with default controls turned on?

Thanks, it has some effect, it worked for me using this with the default controls, plus I added a sub-event where pressing the right button will simulate going all the way to the right so the player will stop jumping forward