Saving directly to global variable

There are a few actions that i find can be really helpful, like storage, saving to json, The for each Child Variable event and even the inventory system allows you to save and load inventories.
However, you can only save to scene variable.
If one wanted to have an inventory that applies to a lot of different scenes they would have to manually create variables for each scene, which would be avoidable if you could directly save this information to global variables.
If someone could look into this i think it would be helpful for a lot of people.

2 Likes

While I agree that it would be helpful to use global variables directly with storage, please keep in mind it only takes 1 extra action to convert from Scene Variable to Global Variable.

Since variables are created when they are first called in events (they don’t have to be precreated) you don’t need to make custom scene variables for every scene, either. A temporary scene variable is created via events and then converted to Global. This is all shown in the Advanced Save and load tutorial on the official youtube channel.

2 Likes

Wait you can just
Create them through code?
I thought you had to pre create them
In that case then I can see that it’s much easier than I thought
I will keep it in mind for when i have to use this system, but i do hope it still gets considered at some point.
Thanks for the info

2 Likes