Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I’ve actually been busy working (which is basically done now) on an Android game using GDevelop. The engine is pretty good, honestly, with the exception of a couple of bugs - in which one of them is actually preventing me from publishing the game - but if you’re able to implement the following features in upcoming updates, it would help out a lot with my workflow!
- The choice to set the animation speed of a multi-frame sprite to 0 (thus freezing it). This is useful for things like slideshows where pressing a button will change the sprite’s frame to the next.
- For text objects, I’d like text alignment options, such as Align Left/Right/Center/Top/Bottom/etc. I had to give up trying to center the text object that showed the player’s final score in an end Scene, because the text just wouldn’t align itself to the center (it’s always aligned left), and the misalignment is especially visible when the score is several digits long.
- The ability to right-click on ‘Scenes’ in the Project Manager and select ‘Order Scenes by name’ or something like that in the context/popup menu. Same thing for the Images Bank as well. Even if I can only order Scenes, images, etc by name only is already very good for me. I just need some sort of ability to organize all my assets in one click to save a lot of time.
- The commenting system for Events is pretty good, but it’d be nice if you can include the ability to changing the font size. I find it useful when I want to create headers and titles for External/Scene-attached Events.
- I saw a couple of people post about it already, but some sort of ‘Else’ function/condition will help me a bit. It’s actually not necessary, but it’s one of those ‘really nice to have’ things in many situations.
- Sorry if this one’s a big request, but I’d like some sort of basic image editor implemented, just for drawing basic shapes and collision masks for sprites. It just makes work easier and faster than having to open an external drawing program and import it into the game.
- Some sort of ‘if something is between value #1 and value #2’ function wound be AWESOME!
- I’m not exactly sure how to describe it, but I’d like a more ‘streamlined’ Save function. One of the reasons why I had to remove the high score feature in my game is because I couldn’t figure out how to save the high score data locally into the person’s device.
- Finally, I’d like to have a feature where I can choose between linear and point sampling for graphics. This comes from my experience with Construct. Whenever I used pixel art in a game, linear sampling would mess up the art (draws lines around the edges of the sprites and stuff), but when I switched to point sampling, it fixes everything. This is especially noticeable when you used tiled sprites. I noticed that GDevelop also suffers from this problem with pixel art, so I’m hoping that introducing a feature like this into the engine could fix the problem.
Sorry for the long and numerous requests, but I promise you that this is all I’ll every request from you guys (aside from bug fixes, of course ).
If you read all this, thanks! Keep up with your work on GDevelop!