Shortcut to invert ACTIONS

Imagine being able to press J to toggle actions, just like you can do with conditions.

Explaining my idea:

When you have a condition “object is visible”, usually, you can press the key J to swap to “object is not visible”, without the need to manually open the event and toggle it.

My idea is to make the users be able to do the same with actions (but not in the same exact way it happens with conditions).

I got 3 helpful usage examples:

Example 1:

You have a action: "Create object Stone at position X = 19 ; Y = 23 at layer Interface.

After pressing J, it would swap to just “Delete object Stone”

Example 2:

You have a action: “Hide a layer: Interface

After pressing J, it would swap to “Show a layer: Interface

Example 3:

You have a action: “Change object Stone X position, set to 27”

After pressing J, it would swap to Change object Stone Y position, set to 27"

I hope you get my idea, if you are a user reading this and want this feature, reply to this post explaining why you would want it too.

Conditions return true or false, 1 or 0. There is no potential alternative. The two are true opposites of each other. With every condition, inverting it is just like adding the word ‘not’ in front of it. It applies to any condition, and it’s the same across the board.

Not so with actions. They change the state of an object. And states don’t have clear opposites. Why is changing Y the opposite of changing X? What happens if you change both X & Y in the same action? What about tinting? What’s the opposite of tinting something red? Tinting it green? No tint? Full white?

Sorry to be the nay-sayer; I understand what you mean, however the idea has too many uncertainties for me to agree with it.

2 Likes