[SOLVED] Adjusting Object's Angle and Size to Shoot Ray

Hey, can someone help me?

I want to make an object shoot a ray through the object’s angle by adjusting the size. I want to make this happen in the game, not the engine editor.

I want to do this:

But this is what is happening instead:

My code is simple, just adding 5 to the width and height of an object.

Thank you.

just add to the width, not height.
image

If that’s it, you’ll probably need to adjust the center/origin to be in the middle of the left edge of the object, so it doesn’t slide up or down as expanding.

Moving the origin would definitely be the easiest way. Should you want to use a tiled sprite, this would work. I tested it with 2 slider controls. I used NewSprite for a reference position and a tiled sprite for the line. Note: it uses set centered position.

Screenshot_20241012_054833_Chrome

It just occurred to me that put around object would also work.

thank you so much for answering