[Solved] Game does not run on versions inferior to android 5?

Greetings, I have made a simple game in Gdevelop 5, everything works fine in Windows even in preview by Wifi, and it is also installed on the Android tablet, the problem is that when running it on the tablet does not start and the screen appears all in Black does nothing. I have reviewed the properties as indicated in the forum including the icons and apparently it is fine. Can someone please tell me why this anomaly is due. The Android version is 4.4. I apologize for my English which is not very good and thank you very much.

Hi,
Can you try with one of the example games?
I think 4.4 is supported, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try. Regards.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try. Regards.
Hello, I tried the platform game that comes with Gdevelop 5, I installed it on the tablet and the result is the same, the screen appears black and does nothing else. However in the preview it is displayed on the tablet. Certainly this has puzzled me because I have imported it by changing all the possibilities that the properties file has and the result is the same. I appreciate any help in this regard. Thank you.

Maybe some specs of the tablet are too low for a native app, but not for a preview. No idea.
Native apps use Cordova packaging, while the preview uses…the Internet browser of the tablet, I think.

1 Like

Hi Gruk, thank you very much for your help. I think you are right because I have tried Android version 6 and it has worked perfectly, so I deduce that in version 4.4 or lower than 6.0 it does not work, I have not had opportunity to test with version 5 so I can not ensure that it works with that version. However, I hope this helps other people who encounter the same problem. I repeat, thank you very much. Regards.

1 Like

I have a phone with android 5 and I use it for testing. Android 5 is indeed supported

Hello, I have not had the opportunity to try Android 5. Only with 4.4 and with 6, with 4.4 it does not work with Android 6 yes. Regards.