[SOLVED] Improve lights more effectively

Hi everybody,

I’m playing around with the light system and I got a question. Do you have any tips on how to make the light feel more brilliant/realistic/real? So far I’ve tried different solutions but no luck, my light looks a bit flat and boring :neutral_face: Is maybe using a vivid palette color for the game a good idea?
I attach here a prototype’s screenshot, just to give an idea of what I mean :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help everybody!

Hi!

Perhaps this example will help you (Raycast 360, how to - #2 by Mikhail_Pomaskin). Its purpose is a bit different, but if I’m not mistaken, it uses a layer effect to achieve a “pleasant” light.

Well, there is also a video tutorial on the implementation of lighting (but no specific actions were taken there): How to Create a Flickering Dynamic Light Effect in GDevelop 5 - New Update - Dynamic Lights Feature - YouTube

thanks for the hint, I took inspiration from the example.
by adding a blur effect to the light, it gets much better and soft the edges :slight_smile: also changing the background with something closer to the light color, helps the light to stand out better

1 Like