[SOLVED] Mouse button just pressed and not held

I’ve been making a game and with the current mouse button down action, it allows me to hold down the left mouse button and hover over a button and it does the buttons action. For example, in the menu there is a “Quit” Button, and the way I intend it work is you have to have your mouse over it to click. So I add

The cursor/touch is on an object

Touch or Left mouse button is down

but the way the touch is setup is I can click and hold off the quit button, and just hover over it and it will still do the actions.

Any way I could fix this?

If I understood your problem correctly I think you can solve it doing this:

Take care if you are using this scene for more things to that events don’t conflict to any other thing…

The action “delete button quit” is just for the test.

2 Likes

Hi, Rasterisko’s suggestion obviously works fine. An alternative - depending on what you actually want to do - could be to use the ‘Mouse button released’ condition instead of ‘Mouse button pressed’.

1 Like

This works! Thanks a lot.

It does, but in my opinion it doesn’t feel as smooth as pressed.

I’m a bit confused on the need to go this complex here. Just use “Trigger once” in the conditions with mouse button down, and it’ll only count the first click/tap.

I think the problem was: clicking away from the button, but holding that click and dragging it to the button will activate the button. And he doesn’t want that.

Ahh, That probably needs a toggle switch variable to fully fix, but your timer solution now makes sense and should be fine.

1 Like