(SOLVED) Sound Channel Gets Permanently Disabled

How do I…

In the game I am developing, I made it so when you click these buttons sound effects play to audibly tell the player they pressed the button, but the buttons can only be clicked a certain amount of time before they are fully activated and wont let you press them anymore. I use the “stop sound on channel” code block to make sure the “failing.mp3” sound wont play after the button is fully activated. This permanently disables the sound on that channel and I cant fix it. Its only for these buttons too, when I make a different button disable sounds from the exact same channel, it just stops it once and still plays next time its activated. Ive tried using pause, but nothing works. Ive been trying to fix this for days, please help!

What is the expected result

Expected Result: Sound plays sound effects for buttons and doesn’t play one when its fully activated and continues to play the sounds for other buttons.

Explain what should happen when you run the game.
Once a button is activated, it plays a sound. Once it fails, it plays a looping sound. Once it finally succeeds, it should play no sound and stop the sound on channel so the failure sound doesn’t play on success.

What is the actual result

Once one button is activated, the channel is permanently disabled forever from playing sounds. (Only happens with these buttons, anything else that disables sounds from this channel doesnt perma disable)

Explain what is happening instead, what is going wrong.
Instead of stopping one time and playing again when I need it to, it is permanently disabling it when I still need the sounds from that channel.

Related screenshots

theres 5 of these bad boys, zoom in to see please

Screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

screenshot 4

and finally, screenshot 5

The issue is repeated through each button:

Once resetprogress of reset1 is 4, the second event will be actioned continuously because resetprogress of reset1 doesn’t get changed. In that event, resetting of reset1 is set to 2, so the first event will never kick off.

Because the second event is continuously run, it’s always stopping the sound on channel 4.

I’d suggest adding a trigger once to the second event to prevent it from actioning continuously.

1 Like

Thank you so much, ive been pulling my hair out for days, I can’t believe I forgot about that block