[solved] Sounds playing at the same time when there not supposed to

just a heads up I’m bad at explaining things but here we go

so what I’m trying to do is make it so two piano notes play one after each other at different pitches

when the game opens it should be as simple as clicking the A key to load the notes and then clicking D to play them then there should be a high note then a low note relatively quickly after.

as I mentioned above it should be as simple as clicking the A key to load the notes and then clicking D to play but when D is pressed both notes play at the same time, the one that was supposed to be the second plays at the start and end its only supposed to be playing at the end

Have you tried using a trigger once, or splitting them into two events yet with and without trigger once?

What is the value of note_time?

Also, you want to set the global boolean playing to false as the first action. Otherwise the event will be repeatedly run until the variable changes to false. Doing this will eliminate the need for a trigger once condition.

the value of note_time is 1 and I tried doing what you said and it hasn’t changed anything.

also just in case its needed here’s all the events

also almost forgot but here’s the text its loading
:IN,01,NO,01,P,5,f,0,:IN,01,NO,01,P,0.1,f,0,

I think the problem will be with this event:

note_time may start off with a value of 1 but it gets set to 0 pretty much straight away. Then both notes will get played at the same time because playing is set to true and the wait is for 0 seconds.

Also, why have it repeat 10 time? The first time round, note_time is set to 0 and so the subsequent 9 loops are ignored.

after removing this it seems to be fixed thanks.