[SOLVED] Three issues with Ladder

hey!

I’m creating a platform but I’m having some issues with the Ladder:

• FIXED if the player is on the top of the ladder, it falls down instead of staying on top
  • FIXED when going up or down the ladder, the player can be a bit off on the right or on the left but I can’t figure out how to center it every time is in contact with the ladder
  • FIXED if on the top of the ladder and I keep pushing Up, it gets stuck between the Ladder and Falling mode

Thanks for the help! :mechanical_arm:

1. fixed: if the player in collision and on a ladder change X position to ladder.X()

also 1. is fixed with simulate ladder when on top

I’ve fixed all of them, posting here the solution for future reference in case somebody needs it

cheers

1 Like

For your 2nd event, you might also add a condition that checks that the player’s Y position is > the ladder’s Y position, otherwise your players won’t be able to jump off the ladder, I Think.

1 Like

I’ve fixed also the collision points, otherwise got some issues while climbing the ladder :sweat_smile:

Another way to solve the falling, yet not sure if useful now, is to have a going through platform below the ladder sprite/ Y position, so when you go all the way up the leader, you fall on the platform.

1 Like