I want for when my character to die or get hit blood comes out and splashes at random places. is GDevelop capable of this?
Particles wouldn’t be a great fit there, but that looks definitely possible. Here is how I would do it:
- Create a “FlyingBlood” object with the physics behavior that looks like the tiny flying blood particles
- Create a “SplatteredBlood” object that looks like the splashes of blood on the walls
- When the enemy dies, use a repeat event with 360, to create 360 blood splatter objects and apply to each an impulse in the dirrection of a different angle from 0 to 360
- When a “FlyingBlood” collides with a platform to be tainted with blood, delete the FlyingBlood, and create a SplatteredBlood at it’s position
- Use the mask extension to mask the blood with the platforms, making the blood splash cut off around the platform to make sure it is only on the platform