Sprite Fast Place

I want to automatically place a large number of Sprites in different Animations!

Currently you can select a large number of Sprites and automatically place them in the same animation.

The same system would be good but that the Sprites are applied in different animations…

I recommend a Switch button “animation (Single/Split)” on the sprite screen, specifically at the top.

Image edited, and added the Switch button.

How to know which sprites go to which animation? :thinking:

I put that information in post called “Speed Sprite Place” but Silver-Streak tell me that can alternate the system.

CARACTERÍSTICAS
Sprites divididos, es posible enlazar en la posición de los sprites en pc? Me refiero a que la PC pone automáticamente la imagen de izquierda a derecha, de arriba a abajo. ¡Tus sprites seleccionados pueden respetar esas reglas para dividir! (Creo que Gdevelop usa estas reglas para soltar una gran cantidad de sprites en 1 animación)
Cómo respetar la cantidad de sprites y animaciones…
Tienes 49 animaciones y 50 sprites, todos los sprites se lanzan en 49 animaciones y el 50º sprite se lanza nuevamente en animación 0 .

Sobre Animaciones nuevas diferenciarlas de las ya “Completadas” colocar un selector de animación, por ejemplo:
Animación (seleccione número) a (seleccione número) para dividir

RAZONES PARA IMPLEMENTARLO
El motivo del post y de la implementación de esta idea, es porque en algunos juegos el Objeto (según tipo de juego) requiere de un gran número de animaciones, por poner un ejemplo:

Un juego estilo “World edit.” Donde la manipulación de un bloque cambia en función de otros que tengan cerca o enlazados. El “cambio” del bloque, con sus variantes según cada situación, requiere un gran número de animaciones que solo ocupan 1 casilla (Sprite) de la Animación. Por ello, para evitar pérdida de tiempo al seleccionar varios se distribuye en todas las animaciones fábricas para mejor fluidez y menor agobio.

Con la mayoría de juegos itch.io lo entiendo, pero tarde o temprano la opción del motor debe cambiar y alterará inevitablemente la funcionalidad de algo… Aunque ahora no se implemente algo que altere dicho sistema (agradezco de hecho que piensen en la felicidad de sus usuarios) en un futuro, a lo mejor algo cambiara, por ello creo que no es justificante para invalidar una posible petición.

Por último, si la idea puede ocasionar muchos problemas para poco resultado, entonces quiero preguntar/sugerir, Se puede realizar de alguna forma que una Animación únicamente muestre un Sprite, Ejemplo:

Animación 0 (Contiene 18 Sprites, y se puede colocar los sprites ya de forma veloz y efectiva)

Algún, evento, opción, condición, etc. Que me permita seleccionar él (Animación 1 Sprite 3) o (Animación 1 Sprite 12), Creo que algo así no debe porque afectará a proyectos ya realizados no?

(Lo siento, pero demasiado texto para traducir y tener sentido…)

One case I mind can help is for example in the post “Clothing system advice/help”

If you want to have skins/separate clothes, it won’t be multiple animations, but multiple objects, one for the head, one for the legs, one for the torso/shirt, etc.
I believe that dragonbones-style objects (with multiple components) have already been requested and will be implemented at some point.

1 Like

Gruk And if instead of having a split button, which may be too much change… Can you add a transfer option?

That is to say, in Animation 1 I can select all the Sprites or those that I want to, for example “delete” instead of that when selecting them and when right clicking the options appear and one of them is: To move to… That option allows you to “send” them to other animations and therefore Split them.

P.s. Do you have any example games that contain some “typing” system? That I would like to see a visual example, the objects and events, that I think I am doing something wrong, I am creating an object called Text, and in each animation I add a character (A, B, C, D… then 0, 1, 2 , 3, 4 and then symbols… +, -, %,?..) I don’t know if this is commonly done or there is another formula.

I cannot add anything, I only provide help on the forum.
If you need to select one by one all the frames you want to send elsewhere, it might be faster to load them directly in another animation…

Regarding the typing, have you checked the text entry examples?

Sorry, typed error in translation, i didn’t wanna wrote “Can you add a transfer option?”, I wanna writing: “Can be added that transfer option in Gdevelop?”

Yes but i made and “original style text” because another Gdevelop user told me that when manipulating the text with an event or changing sizes, etc. It could look bad, so he told me that it would be better to create your own text adapted to what you wanted to show, and I finished the Sprite sheet with all “symbols”

As I wrote above, it doesn’t seem faster than loading the frames in another animation.

Good luck with that, it looks like a lot of work. :sweat:

Hi Elementer

I’ve read your request but I didn’t quite understand what you were asking for?
This is what I got:

You have different animation states (run, walk, jump) with multiple animation frames (run1, run2, run3…) on your local computer.
You want to add these animation in your local computer, in bulk, to the character animation on GDevelop?
I didn’t quite get the “single animation” / “split animation” part.

Feel free to respond in Spanish if it can help you make yourself clearer.
thanks!

Hey y’all!
A better way to manage and work with asset animation is under review.
Please head to the topic [Feature under Review] How do you replace asset animations? to give your insight and contribute with your experience!

Thanks!