I’m a newbie who’s using the starter game “Pairs” and I’m trying to make a 5x4 board instead of a 4x4 board. Two new pairs were added in objects with tween behavior. These were then added to the cards object group. I positioned 4 extra position_placeholders and the 2 pairs into the game. When tested I found that when a pair was found that sometimes 2 or 3 pairs would disappear and that the score when finished would be the old 8 points per game rather than the 10 it should be. Have I missed configuring something so as to go from 8 to ten pairs or more ?
Did you add the same object variables to the new pairs, and add them to the cards group?
It’s hard to guess
I already added to cards group but on checking the object variables I found an error. For each object variable it’s Name was “id” and Value was “xxxx”, if card was “card_xxxx”. I had just copied 2 objects to make cards, so had to change their values. Still a problem, now only eight pairs are shown in board 10x10 grid. Two pairs are randomly thrown out.
Looks like you need to inspect some more
Good luck, and don’t forget to use the debugger to check the value of variables, it helps troubleshooting.
Your help worked perfectly. The new problem was caused by an image getting accidentally removed. There was nothing to show for 2 of the pairs. No idea how that happened! So thanks for your help, it was instrumental in getting this game going.