Switching textures with Imported 3D Models?

I am currently working on a 3D game using GDevelop’s new 3D engine. I am export my models from Blender as .glb files with their textures embedded in the files.

GDevelop does read these files in fine, however I was wondering if there’s any way to swap out the textures of these models based on event triggers?

So far the only workflow I could come up with is replacing the entire 3D asset with another that has a different texture embedded in it, but this won’t be sustainable for my development as I would need to then create over 500 3D models and have them all loaded into memory.

So instead of importing the same 3D mesh with different textures repeatedly is there a way I could swap out textures and keep the mesh based on event triggers?

Example:
If a user taps on the screen, the model/mesh will remain the same however the texture of that model will change.

Bump for visibility - would anyone have any work-arounds other than having a different glb model with every different texture?

I have not tried this extension for material swapping but you can give it a shot. (Mesh Material)