Triple Jump is an auto-running puzzle platformer where you have a library of different “jumps” that you can assign in any combination to three slots. You are then faced with levels that require some combination of those jumps to solve.
Triple Jump Features:
- Over 5 worlds and 80 unique levels
- With three coin layouts for each level
- Coins system that encourages discovering unique jump combinations
- Six different jumps
- Some with hidden alternative uses
- Over 100 possible jump layouts
- A gentle learning curve with level assistance mechanics to help prevent getting stuck
- Also includes a hint system to reduce trial and error
- A unique level looping system that focuses on persistence over perfection
- Hidden power ups that help with coin hunting
- Built in tracking for speed running and level optimizations
- Fastest times
- Least number of deaths
- Least number of jumps
- Aggregation of these for World and Game totals!
- Ability to share your progress via Twitter
This is my pandemic baby. I’ve spent the last seven months or so, almost every night after work trying to FINALLY make a game that I could complete. My problem is that I get obsessed with optimizing engines and always just end up with prototypes. So I chose GD because it sort of forces you to focus on the game design and logically flow… which is good for me, because I would just end up with code and no game otherwise.
I wanted to make this game “on my own” but in reality I leveraged the work of many others like the GD staff. I made the credits section of the game interactive and IMO fun, but I realize not everyone here will buy the game, so here’s a list I put together:
To those of you who do play the game, I am more than happy to share how I made all of the different jump mechanics and levels, and anything else you are curious about.
Even if this is not your type of game, please do me a favor and share this link with anyone you think might be interested. I really appreciate it!