What's your score on Wordle?

I suspect a number of you are playing Wordle. My recent score :

Wordle 223 4/6

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

What’s yours?

1 Like

Never heard of it before, what a great game! Played it and wasted my second turn as I didn’t understand what to do, but got it in 4. Does the 223 in your stats refer to having succeeded that many number of times?

No, the 223 is the puzzle number - so it looks like it’s been running for 223 days so far. I’ve only been playing it for 3 days :smiley:

1 Like

My first ever word was Abbey, what a pain. I’ve only missed 1 word out of the past three weeks.

Oh my goodness!
Wordle 224 3/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:

Snap :smiley:
Wordle 224 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

2 Likes

I’m considering 4/6 my baseline and so thought I’d only mention 3/6 or -gasp- 5 or 6/6.

Was on the wrong track with this one but managed to save it.
Wordle 226 4/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Heh, the last 2 days I’ve had a choice of candidate words as potential solution. I’ve yet to guess the correct one first :

Wordle 227 5/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Oh no, haha. Guess this won’t make you feel any better, I’m on an EXTREME high right now.
Wordle 227 2/6

Wordle 227 2/6

:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:

PS. it wasn’t a fluke haha, I was 95% sure before I submitted the second one that it was right. Still on a high, haha

1 Like

Oh, and also, the New York Times has just bought Wordle with a hope from the originator that they will be able to save our stats when it moves to their site. And maybe mean we can log into it from different devices I hope.

I love puzzle games but had no idea of Wordle. Just played for the 1st time and my score is 4/6. It was a fun experience.

1 Like

You can show the grid/graph of you game results by clicking the bar graph icon on the upper right, and clicking share. It’ll copy an image (minus the words) of your attempts tot he clipboard.

Interestingly though, the result stat is not actually an image, but text with symbols. I copied my score from earlier and substituted in some different symbols to show what I mean (not touching that last line though :wink:

Wordle 227 2/6

:green_square::purple_square::new_moon::black_large_square::four_leaf_clover:

Edit
Ooh, now it’s ugly with no spaces

Played it again today
Wordle 228 4/6

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

And slowly, but surely, the hooks are sinking in… [queue Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds music]

Wordle 229 2/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Luck went my way for the second word. It was 50/50.

1 Like

I’d say luck went your way for the first word too, haha. I use the same ‘starter’ word each time, is that what you guys do too? I’ll do 229 later in the day.

1 Like

Yeah, I use the same starter each time. One day it’ll be the actual word :smiley:

Devastated.

Wordle 229 5/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

But now @MrMen I know the last three letters of your starter word.

And by mere deduction, dear Watson, you also have the first, and with that, the whole word :smiley: