Definitely not - especially with my unflattering placing…
Thanks. However I think it’s that my game didn’t resonate with enough of the other entrants. Wrong demographic, maybe.
Interestingly, only 1 of the top 10 community choices made it to the judges top 5. And I’m more inclined to agree with the judges choices - I found those games more fun and engaging than the community’s choices, with the exception of Falconer, which had me going for more for a bit longer than was healthy . It seems the judges were after games with a bit of depth and longer playing times.
424, ooh, you both got three, but ES you didn’t use crane.
This one drove me crazy. After guess one, thought anything more than a two is unacceptable. After guess three I was ready to give wordle away forever for having a non word as an answer, but then the penny dropped.
Wordle 425 4/6
There was a game called Pet sort panic that I loved and hoped would get an award. I didn’t ever play the judges winner or the one that was a winner in both categories, will have to check them out.
Yeah ES, joining jams just isn’t on my radar at all. I thought of them as just too much pressure to complete things in a short amount of time. But somehow now on a whim I’ve been in two jams and have made small games with ideas I never would have thought of otherwise.
I think that’s the neat thing about game jams - you get to try out ideas, and with a deadline as an incentive to finish it, possibly in a less than perfect state (because you improve it forever ).
Haha MrMen, if we had merged wordles we would have got 425 in three, I had the beginning, you had the end.
Just cannot get a break.
Wordle 426 5/6
Did you go into the local storage to find that out? Or just your feel? I just checked my storage and mine is also 4.
Yes. I’m thinking of just making my own game jams, maybe Bubble jams. Give myself a topic and a time period and plan a game from that. I probably wouldn’t make it, but work everything out and make notes for future reference.
I also don’t like the pressure that a jam might give. But finishing some small games would be nice, and like MrMen said, you get to try out ideas. I might also have to follow your idea and make some “Epic Jams”. Thank you for the idea
You guys did very nicely with 427! Too bad I didn’t follow the pack, although my score is also pretty good.
My two from yesterday was the only word it could be, no choices, unlike you guys, so well done.
But todayyyy, had many options, went with what I thought was the best one and the greens kept coming, and I was laughing with happiness, haha.
Wordle 428 2/6
Yes, ES, good, glad you’re having an Epic jam. I’ve decided my first one will be a 3 day concept jam with the theme of bridges. But haven’t set a start date yet.
Forgot to answer this. I actually did use crane It has brought me some decent scores. Kind of afraid to deviate from that word. One day I will get it first try if I keep using it and then I will stop playing
I told you that you were gonna run a streak again! Very nicely done. Now keep that train going
Good luck with the Bubble Jam! Bridges are fun and nice to play with. I have also included a bridge in my current project, but it still needs to be reworked. My jam will be about bubbles
I almost had it in 2, but then the 3 also escaped my grip.
Oh yeah, I checked back. It was MrMen who didn’t use crane. He used a word starting with t. And although I’d forgotten about that topic, thiank you for answering, ES, it’s just so funny to have a conversation about whether a person used crane.
Me too. But if ever trade is the answer I’ll keep playing but consider changing my starter word slightly, maybe to an anagram of it. Just so tired of getting yellow A’s.
Hahahahaha, so cute.
Yeah, bridges have a lot of potential, will probably get more than one concept out of it. Already have a tiny half concept rolling around in my brain.
Oh noooo, yeah, just unlucky with that one. But very nice to turn guess one into an almost two.
Yes, haha, and I really appreciate your support. Got a three today, complete anagram territory.
Hahahaha, you’re making it worse. Although I’m impressed that you managed to extract guess two out of guess one. Your 430 guess one to two was also impressive, ES.
Hahahah, perfect.
Noooooo. You did that yourself, see above.
Thought I’d explored all options for the middle letter in guess two but got caught out by one of MrMen’s pet peeves.