What's your score on Wordle?

Thought I had it at guess 3, but alas.

Wordle 440 4/6*

:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Hmmm, another of your starter words, don’t know that one.

Oh nooo, so close.

I had a good guess two which helped.

Wordle 440 3/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Gotta keep the excitement in this thread somehow :wink:


Different route, same result.

Wordle 440 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Hahaha, well for a bit more of it, I think your guess two was

Relates to wordle 440

claim.


This was a fun one, a good challenge after my first two guesses.

Wordle 441 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

It’s night time with two candles on the grass.

Yep, well deduced. You’re a bit like this guy at work. We have lunchtime card sessions. And during the play he can often work out one of last remaining cards someone has in their hands. I’m lucky to work out what to play next, let alone anyone else.


Don’t know what to make of mine - fairy lights in the back garden?

Wordle 441 5/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Exactly.

Well, I don’t see it as a lack of anything but interest. That kind of thing interests that work guy so he thinks about it. And I like figuring out other people’s guesses to see if it makes sense and to see how they were thinking. And speaking of other people’s guesses, your guess four could only have been

Relates to Wordle 441

buggy?

which was an answer recently, :astonished: you even commented on it, or

Relates to Wordle 441

muggy?

which I was considering for my guess four.

I think it’s more the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff. Some people can see things black and white and cut to the chase quickly. Other see various shades of grey, and meander round going through the possibilities. There are a lot of ā€œit-could-be-thisā€ type thoughts that race round our minds when considering the options (well, in my head anyway). But some, like my work mate and you, appear to have the ability to cut through the fluffy bits, and discount or dismiss those options that are not viable because of other facts. It wouldn’t surprise me if you were quite good at Sudoku. It requires a similar type of thinking, of considering or connecting other bits of information that are separated by a few links. And that may be an ability that comes with a bit of practice, or it may be that you guys are more wired for that way of thinking.


You scare me!

I made a stupid mistake, but it turned out pretty decent. I will use my ā€œit’s 3amā€ card for that one.

Wordle 441 4/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

@Bubble I wonder if you can work out my 3rd guess? There’s not much to go on. Also funny that you had two blank guesses almost two days in a row and still finished strong. Nicely done.

I’m always on the edge of my seat because of excitement! Waiting for that first guess win.

No I don’t. There were no other options. But you don’t say which it was, did you re-use an old answer or go for the other one that is kind of informal usage.

Hahahaha, so cute.

Haha, I’ll never know, I think I had a go at it when it first became a thing, but it didn’t interest me.

Wow, haha, that is exactly what I feel I’m good at, not specifically for wordle but life in general.

Oh my goodness, what a great challenge. It looks absolutely unsolvable but I had a go anyway. I have two guesses. There’s more than two but I’m excluding anything that ends with a single ā€˜s’. And my guesses are based on me assuming that your yellow letter is ā€˜L’. So if it’s that wrong, I’ve got nothing.

Related to Wordle 441

Bliss or sloth.

That’s all I’ve got.

Yeah, I’d say those situations is when I enjoy wordle the most. Don’t know what it is, but have a lot of options for what it’s not.

I do this so often but fortunately realise most of the time.

And if it’s crane and MrMen used another of his starter words :scream:
Or, if it’s crane, and ES, it’s a day you didnt do wordle :scream:

Well, not too impressed with this wordle.

Related to wordle 442

I don’t really think it’s a word by itself. This is the kind of ā€˜word’ that I think NYT should have excluded from the original list.


Wordle 442 3/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

I checked it out, and it is a word by itself. But it’s not one I knew the meaning of until I searched it’s definition.

If NYT only had words that people knew, it’d be a small list. I prefer it this way because of the occasional new word that pops up that extends my vocabulary by a word (or displaces an existing one I haven’t used for a long time?).

Wordle 442 4/6*

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Oh nooooooo, I did look it up before and came up with nothing adequate but just checked again. And oh noooooo, I do know the word, but it’s pronounced differently, it has the stress on the last syllable. I take my disapproval back.

Funny how words can change their meaning depending on where the stress is placed; like reading and Reading, or polish and Polish.

It ruffled a few people the wrong way, by the looks of the news (or it’s slow news day).

Wordle 443 was a bit trickier, but by the time I got to line 4 there weren’t many options left :

Wordle 443 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Yeah, for guess three I dismissed my (correct) choice of first letter because I couldn’t think of any words for it, but one of your pet peeves was the culprit.

Wordle 443 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Yep. NYT aren’t making the effort to please me, are they? Anyway, today’s Wordle went well :

Wordle 444 3/6*

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

That’s pretty good, my second guess was sloth and my third guess was blimp. You indeed possess a skill regarding connecting missing information.

MM is taking risks and so am I by skipping some days. Knowing my luck, I am gonna miss it when that day comes.


Wordle 442 5/6*

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 443 4/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 444 X/6* (another one bites the dust)

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Ooh. Knowing there was no c or n ruled out a lot of consonant pairs, but yeah didn’t think of the mp combo. But I’m very happy to have got so close.

Oh noooo, that’s a devastating one.

Wordle 444 4/6

:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

This was a tough one for me, glad to get out of it with a four.

Wordle 445 4/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Yeah, snap. I had an inkling there may have been my pet peeve at play again, hence guess #3.

Wordle 445 4/6*

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Ughhhhhh, thought this was gonna be a three for sure.

Wordle 446 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: