White Background at Bottom of Android Phone

How do I get rid of white background at bottom of android screen?

**What is the expected result?

The Expected Result is no white screen at bottom of android phone and no scrolling allowed on touch screen. I don’t want the screen to move at all when a finger touches the screen, but the screen moves up and down a little when a finger touches the android screen. This app works perfect and this problem does not occur on an iphone.

Explain what should happen when you run the game.
What should happen is no white background at bottom and no scrolling when a finger touches the screen.

What is the actual result

The Actual Result is the screen scolls up and down a little and a white background appears at the bottom of the screen when a finger drags the screen outside the wanted viewing zone.

I activated Fullscreen and kept Aspect Ratio to Yes, centered camera on background, and set properties to Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size, Resolution is 640 x 960.

Please help me get rid of scrolling and white background on Android.

I’m not really sure what might be the issue. Are you testing the game through a browser or are you running an apk?

If you’re using a browser, it might be the browser app, usually I use chrome and it always works for me. Also make sure the game is actually in fullscreen mode.

Thank you for your input so far.

This issue is occurring when I test the game on the Gdevelop app on my Motorola Moto G phone.

I have tried to:

1. Center Screen on Background + Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size = Yes
  2. Center Screen on Background + Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size = No
  3. Activate Fullscreen with Aspect Ratio = Yes + Center Screen on Background
  • Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size = Yes
  1. Activate Fullscreen with Aspect Ratio = No + Center Screen on Background
  • Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size = Yes
  1. Activate Fullscreen with Aspect Ratio = Yes + Center Screen on Background
  • Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size = No
  1. Activate Fullscreen with Aspect Ratio = No + Center Screen on Background
  • Change Height to Fit Screen or Window Size = No
  1. I’ve tried all different resolutions, currently the resolution is 640 x 960 set to “Portrait” mode, which matches to the resolution of an iphone4. If I use any bigger than 640 x 960 the game doesn’t fit on an iphone4 screen, so 640 x 960 seems the best compromise between iphones and android phones.

All of these options still produces a white strip at the bottom of the screen and the screen scrolls up and down a 1/2 inch when I don’t want the screen to scroll at all. Mind you, this only happens on an android phone (Motorola Moto G) and not on an old iphone4. I read somewhere this might be a currently unresolvable glitch with the Gdevelop game engine :frowning:

Your testing seem to suggest that the issue may be with the GDevelop android app. It may be compatibily issue with certain android devices or android versions.

To narrow it down further, you can try couple of things.

• If you can use a pc, then try to preview the game on the phone through “Network preview (Wifi/LAN)”.

• On your phone, open the project through the web version of GDevelop https://editor.gdevelop.io/ and run a preview from there.

• Export the game to an APK, install, then try the game.