WOTAH EFFECTS (plz hlep)

okay. HELLOOOO GDVELOP!
i need help plz
So, in my game, I want to add water blobs, kind of like big circles full of water floating around, but i don’t know how to visually make them look like water. Is there some kind of effect? I got all the coding things handled, I just want it to look like water.

Honestly I haven’t tried anything like this yet, could you maybe show us what it looks like currently? It might help me think of ideas of how to adjust what you have.

i’d be inclined to animate the water blobs in another software, then bring them in as a sprite animation

Could you show us what you want to achieve?

@TJCoffman @v9um @nzandydean
ok, sorry about that.
the water in my game currently looks like this.

its literally a transparent circle.
How can I make it look a bit reflective and wavy with effects?

Hey, sorry for the delay in replying. Dude, I think those look great right now. However I am coming from the perspective of someone who has done a little bit of diving.

Obviously let’s get it looking the way you want it too, but just a dark background with a light circle showing the diffusion of light as you get deeper in the water is a great step for realism.

So are you thinking like splash effects? Remember it doesn’t have to make real world sense just sense in your art direction.

Have you looked at the effects tab in your sprite object properties? There’s an effect there called ‘Reflection’. Add that to your sprite object and turn off the ‘Reflect image on the waves’ check box. Make the ‘Vertical position of the reflection point’ a small number like 0.01, so that the wave affects almost all of the object (the very, very top part won’t move, but you might not really notice in the overall effect). Experiment with the other values to get the effect you want.

The Reflection effect is also available as a layer effect. It will make everything on the layer wavey instead of just the object.

1 Like

Thanks, ill try this