XML parsing - being compatible with xml from other software

I’ve been trying to get gdevelop to read from an xml file that has been exported from gnumeric or from libreoffice calc (as an excell 2003 xml sheet)
Gdevelop reads xml files like this:

<test1 texte="this is a dialogue 1" />

However values in most XML files, in open office and gnumeric exported tables look like this:

<table:table table:name="Sheet1" table:style-name="ta1"> <table:table-column table:style-name="co1" table:number-columns-repeated="2" table:default-cell-style-name="Default"/> <table:table-row table:style-name="ro1"> <table:table-cell office:value-type="string" calcext:value-type="string"> <text:p>This is dialogue1</text:p>
with <text:p>This is dialogue1</text:p> being the final value I want gdevelop to read!

With gnumeric I get this:

<Cells> <Cell Row="0" Col="1" ValueType="60">words</Cell> <Cell Row="0" Col="2" ValueType="60">avatars</Cell> <Cell Row="1" Col="1" ValueType="60">Hi I am george</Cell> <Cell Row="1" Col="2" ValueType="60">george</Cell> <Cell Row="2" Col="1" ValueType="60">and I am wanda</Cell> <Cell Row="2" Col="2" ValueType="60">wanda</Cell> <Cell Row="3" Col="1" ValueType="60">tets </Cell>

how do we get gdevelop to read a value from an xml that is in that style?

It is using tinyxml, right? How do we get it to get the value in the style of example 1:
grinninglizard.com/tinyxmldo … rial0.html

<?xml version="1.0" ?> <Hello>World</Hello>

would it be possible to get more flexibility in xml parsing, so as to be able to use spreadsheets from other software parsed. This can also be useful when you want to use an xml from a music software (hydrogen/renoise/ardour) in order to get the timing of notes of a song - rhythm game

Btw if its using tinyXML, the author has updated it, so as to make it run better on mobile devices:
grinninglizard.com/tinyxml2/index.html

not sure if this is useful information

You can use TinyXML from a C++ event by including GDCore/Tools/tinyxml.h (search where the include file is on Github because I’m not sure).

w3schools.com/xml/xml_attributes.asp
I use gdevelop because I dont have experience with C++.
Would it be possible to add more flexibility to xml parsing to gdevelop’s event system?
If I knew the engine as well as you, I would definitely add the feature as part of the event system.

It will be beneficial in so many ways!
However you look at it, the feature is not complete right now. And it needs very little to be complete. And if complete, it can be used in so many ways to get data from external software!

If it had that feature, I would make an example file for an NPC chat system, where gdevelop gets the data for dialogue,avatars,npc chat sounds, etc from an XML file that was exported from libre office.

Such system is much nicer to use for story based games.