Z-axis same behaviors and usage of X and Y

I apologize if this topic is similar to others already existing.

I’m working on a game/app where the core gameplay loop is based on dice rolling, similar to Dungeons & Dragons. I want to go beyond simply showing the player random number results through static or animated assets. Instead, I’m aiming to create a more immersive experience by simulating dice throws using physics and 3D models.

Due to the current limitations of Gdevelop, I had to rotate the camera parallel to the Z-axis to utilize gravity on the Y-axis. However, this approach has led to numerous challenges and workarounds, forcing me to treat the Z-axis similar to a top-down game’s Y-axis.

Frankly, I believe that simply enabling the Z-axis to have similar functionality as the other axes would significantly enhance the engine’s usability for creating 3D environments.

Will share the my game later if anyone interested. Thanks.

1 Like

The camera direction is already parallel to the Z axis by default. Do you mean something else?

1 Like

Please share this as early as you can do. All the community member are eager to see your progress.

1 Like

Sorry it was not enough clear. Essentially, what I did to utilize physics was to position the camera top-down so that the gravity along the y-axis direction could simulate the absence of gravity on the z-axis. However, this approach caused the dice to consistently fall and remain within the yellow line area (the x-axis) when torque or impulse forces were applied during the touch event. It did not realistically move along the other axes of the static mesh plane.

1 Like

Basically what is missing for that kind of project is the Z gravity here with the chance to apply forces to the z axis