A couple of debug screen enhancement requests

I’d like to request 3 features or enhancements to make debugging life a lot easier:

1. A collapse all button to collapse all variables being displayed. It’s a pig of a mission to manually close them individually or to find a specific variable while searching through screens of structures.
  2. Option to order the variables alphabetically (and maybe in order of creation/system id?)
  3. Ability to watch scene or global variable in a separate panel, while the variables may not necessarily have focus - like when an object or scene has been selected in the debug screen
2 Likes

Hello MrMen.
Thank you for your feedback!
I see that you’re talking about variables. Would you mind creating a topic for each demand? I’ve recently added that unwritten rule (no. 3) to the Welcome to the User Feedback channel!
You can keep one of the 3 demands on this message, and create 2 new topics for the other two. :slight_smile:
Thank you.

Apologies, I hadn’t read that part about separating requests. I’ll create 2 threads for the other requests.

I’ll rename this thread to reflect the one topic, with the request being

A “Collapse All” button to collapse all variables being displayed. It’s a pig of a mission to manually close them individually or to find a specific variable while searching through screens of structures.

1 Like

I understand. Collapses are always tricky (specially when there’s many levels to collapse).
Please consider adding a screen cap or gif to demonstrate all the things you have to collapse (so we, the core team can see the reason of the request in real life’s context).
Thank you! :pray:t3: