Calling All Creative Minds: Design Your Own Character Skins for My Game

Hey! Inusitatus here! I am working on a spiderdoll fan game, and want to make different skins that you can collect/purchase with in game currency! However, I am not an artist, so i made a basic template providing the area in which each part can be made, template provided below. I will include EVERY skin
(unless i have a good reason not to), and you will be mentioned!
You can make the character anything you want, and a name is preferred (puns are encouraged)
playerTemplate
here is one with circle guides
modifiedPlayerTemplate

Game can be found here

Also, if you want, you can make a thumbnail image, but as there already is one its not really necessary.
Thanks,
Inusitatus.

2 Likes

Hello! I made a couple skins already, if anyone sees something wrong with them, I will fix it. This doll is Inusitatus.
InusitatusDol

2 Likes

ANOTHER kickass game by Inusitatus?! Do wonders never cease? :star_struck:

The game is SO much fun! The ragdoll is friggin hilarious :joy:!
Any plans to make a multiplayer race mode? That would be a blast :rofl:!

My only nitpick is that some attachable objects visually blend into the environment & are hard to spot. I suggest never using the any same colors for the background & environment.
Maybe use bright colors for attachable objects, & dark colors for the environment (or vice versa), to aid visual clarity.
Other than that, great work! :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

Damn! This is so clever & creative, & it benefits everyone involved! :astonished:

This looks great :smiley:! Keep up the good work :+1:.
Can’t wait to see this & the rest of your designs ingame!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Fyrebrand_Gareth ! That means a lot.
Do you have any ideas of what skins to make, just wondering?

2 Likes

I might have to give this more thought, but the 1st idea that comes to mind is an Amogus astronaut, to springboard off the memes :joy:.

Another idea is to make Attack on Titan or Prince of Persia characters, since their movements are similar to that of Spider-man.

1 Like

Ah, yes! Definitely an among us crewmate (reddy).
I don’t really watch Attack on Titan or Prince of Persia so I probably won’t make those.
You could (maybe) try to make them with the template.

2 Likes

Just in case you’re wondering, so far I’ve made an Inusitatus skin, a Shark Chum skin, a cat, and a random girl skin.
Edit: and a crash dummy.

3 Likes

I suppose another option is to make other superhero/villian skins.
That would be pretty goofy! :rofl:

1 Like

Haha, good idea. I made a very simple one and named it after myself, haha. Inusitatus can you say what sizes the parts should be. I would put each part as a separate image with a transparent background. I assume that would make things a lot easier for you.

Bubble

Update a few days later. Here are some separate pics, I haven’t ever done pixel art so I guess these non pixel art images might look blurry at this size.

ArmLegLeftBubble
HeadBubble
ArmLegRightBubble
BodyBubble

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m about to work on that and add some actual textures instead of flat colors. Edit, nvm, textures are garbage, just gonna do more contrasting colors between foreground and background

Sure, The head is 64x64, the arms and legs are 22x52, and the torso is 36x71. I know those aren’t the most common(or even divisible by 8), but its a bit too late for me to change it.
By the way, LOVE the bubble skin, looks awesome!

While that would be cool, I don’t have the knowledge to pull off such and undertaking(but then again, neither did I about active ragdoll, lol)

3 Likes

Oh, and here is the default skin
spidermanSkin2

1 Like

No, those numbers are the limits on what you can have

1 Like

Ok. I got some batteries for my stylus, so I made a few more skins. These are Ninjago related!
arinDol
lloydDol

1 Like

Ok, I’ve been a bit busy lately, but I am now working on adding a menu, and adding all your awesome skins!

Edit: this may take a bit.

2 Likes

ok, so shark chum has been cranking out skins, and he’s makin them faster than i can put them in.

1 Like

i made a trailer for the game (:

3 Likes

Seriously, you Never cease to amaze! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, progress has slowed due to school starting up, so please bear with me.

3 Likes

Here are all the skins that didn’t make it into the game.
mysteryDol
Mystery Girl Dol
shankDol
CrookDol
chumDol (1)
ChumDol

1 Like

Didnt make it into the game YET…