Moderation Changes to gd.games

Edit: This post has been adapted a bit to fit better practices for the forum.

We Need Better Moderation: The site is in need of some form of quality control. Look, games are hard to make, and it’s great that a user can share a first project of sorts to a decent-sized audience. With quick publishing and promotional tools, users can easily flood the site with quick, and low-effort projects (although I am aware that last part is subjective). But this should also extend to offensive content, as I will get to in a later point. Additionally, reporting tools should be much more apparent. Right now the report button is at the bottom of the page in a thin and light-colored font, putting it out of the way. These tools need to be more apparent and have consequences if reports are found to be valid. Especially with accessibilty to the site, it’s becoming easy for NSFW or offensive titles/tags/gameplay to slip through the cracks, and with the promotional tools these games are an issue that should be remedied ASAP.

Sorry for all the text but I wanted to be extensive and explain my thoughts. If you’re a GDevelop user and have any other suggestions, leave them in the comments!

2 Likes

As a heads up. #3 is against GD.games terms of service

It explicitly states no obscene, illegal, or descriminary uses of the gd.games services.

2 Likes

Hello OongusBoongus,

Thank your for your topic requests.
Please take some time to read the ⭐ Welcome to the User Feedback channel! topic.
You will see that we have a couple of rules when creating new topics. For example:

Please take your time to search if the features that you’re requesting, and if they do please edit this topic with a single feature request so it can be properly tagged and followed :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like