Disable the "Give Feedback" button until the first scene has started successfully

Note: We’ve created an article on how to give good written feedback.

Note: Read this topic to understand what is going on.
What: When opening a game on GD.Games, the feedback button is disabled until after the first scene has successfully opened or until a period of time (5 minutes?) has passed.
Why: To avoid free credits spam, or negative rating (player’s fault) if the game doesn’t load/takes a long time to load.
Or at least the feedback won’t be eligible for credits.

3 Likes

This would be awesome!

1 Like
  • Choosable feedback button unlock: 5,10,15 minutes. without beeing afk or tabbed out.

• While writing a feedback, actual playtime counter should stop counting.

• As an additional helpful information to evaluate feedback:
    the feedback should include displaying the individual playtime counter, how much time the games was played without the time of the process of writing the feedback.

2 Likes

the “give your feedback” button is totally redonculious. it is in the way of the game! it’s literately blocking the A button in my game. it’s terrible design to just have a banner blocking the game that won’t go away.

Doesn’t this show up in the development build?
You can disable it in the game manager.

You’re right. I am new to this. I didn’t know the development build was different from the publish build. the publish build looks better.

now I’m having an overlapping music problem, music from previous scenes playing and starting over when it shouldn’t, it’s only happening in the build.

also it probably would to be good to learn how to disable the button maybe after a period of time in the game.