[Done] Some ideas for GD.games

I was playing some games on GD.games and thought that with some of these features it would be really great for developers. For me gd.games should have more customization in the personal pages of the authors just like:

1. Insert a profile picture;
  2. Put a cover photo for your personal page;
  3. A section where you can insert all the various social networks of the author with the various icons of the linked social network;
  4. A section for donations;
  5. A section that says “Ask me something”
  6. A follow button and a bell that warns when the author publishes something or updates a game (Like the one on Youtube for instance);
  7. A personal bulletin board where he can write the latest updates of his games, where he can ask for feedback on something or tell his ideas to his audience where users can comment;
  8. The ability to comment under other people’s games to share their experiences about the game (with the personal option whether to decide to enable comments or not);
  9. A search Bar in the homepage of Gd.games
8 Likes
  1. verified next to the name of the game which when the mouse hovers over it shows a little text that the game has been verified by the community or the team or something like that, so you will have a higher sense of quality and security for certain games since everyone can publish without any problem on Gd.games
1 Like

You already have 80% of these.

1. You can change your profile picture using Gravatar, its quick and simple.
  2. This one you cant.
  3. You can already put up links to social media, personal website and so on.
  4. This also already exists, all you have to do is put a link in and gd.games even makes a nice button that says something like “Pay this dev a coffee”.
  5. You can already do this with feedback, you can add in your contact as you send the feedback, iv replied to plenty of people who send me questions.
  6. This would be kinda cool.
  7. This is something that iv also been asking for, a sort of “Dev Space”, but i made my own here in the forums.
  8. This is kinda nice, but would require more man power and work for mods, you can already kinda do this with sending feedback. Not to mention this is sort of a “King Maker” feature… you open a game, it has no comments, you close the game… you start judging games by their comment sections and not by playing said game. Not saying this applies to you, but it does for a lot of people.
  9. I think this already exists? I saw something about this before

Open GDevelop

Go to “Home” (The House icon)

Then clique on your Profile name on the Right side of the screen.

Hit “Edit profile”.

You find 80% of this stuff on there.

As for the profile pic, just google Gravatar, its really quick and easy to set up.

Check this out

You can see my logo on next to my name and then under theres the donate button.

On my page, you have the donate button again and the link to my YouTube channel, with the YouTube logo

Theres no other social media showing because i dont have any :stuck_out_tongue: I hate social media :stuck_out_tongue:

Ye, the post is one year old, so they added a lot of these stuff, sadly i can’t edit it anymore just to cross out the completed points.
Btw i dont like the Gravatar option, i prefer to have everything in one place.

1 Like

Could of just made a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont revive finished topics :slight_smile:

Idk, maybe is better everything in one place to track instead in a lot of topics, at least for me, even to dont say again the same stuff if have a new idea

Hello!
This topic is 1 year old, so it’s fine (more than 4 years old might be too old).

Anyway, you’ll be happy to know that some of these are currently on the backlog:

• Insert a profile picture;

For now made with Gravatar

• Put a cover photo for your personal page;

Feature on backlog for all users with a paying sub

• A section where you can insert all the various social networks of the author with the various icons of the linked social network;

More socials had been added and will be displayed

• A section for donations;

Done

• A section that says “Ask me something”

Not on the backlog

• A follow button and a bell that warns when the author publishes something or updates a game (Like the one on Youtube for instance);

Feature on the backlog

• A personal bulletin board where he can write the latest updates of his games, where he can ask for feedback on something or tell his ideas to his audience where users can comment;

Not on the backlog

• The ability to comment under other people’s games to share their experiences about the game (with the personal option whether to decide to enable comments or not);

Feature on Backlog

• A search Bar in the homepage of Gd.games

Not on backlog but identified already (there is a feature request for it already We need a search bar)

1 Like