How do i save/load bc i dont understand all of these tutorials and i dont got some of the options like the write at text or write a value option please help

so today i wanted to add the save/load feature in my game.Ivewatched many tutorials (2 hours of only watching tutorials) and i still didnt figure it out.bc i cant use global variables (i try to add 1 to my global variable but it doesnt show up only scene variables show up) or i just dont understand it please help me and thx if you do.

Welcome to the forum.

All in all, it’s just that.

Let me expand a little what Jack sent

Welcome. What kind of project are you making? What are you saving and loading?

im trying to make a rpg kind of game and for now im trying to save a global variable so when i leave the game and join back it stays true

This uses a global variable named ToggleStateValue to track the state of a toggle button. Since the variable and the toggle button are both set to false by default , you would only need to change the toggle button state if the saved value was true.

You always want to check if the group exists in storage. Otherwise, the variable would have the previous or default value which can cause unexpected things to happen. You can also invert the storage exists condition so it would trigger something if the storage didn’t exist.

If you were save a lot of data, it would be easier to save it as a structure. There should be a link to an example in one of the previous post.

All of the names much match perfectly including case. As mentioned in another recent post, you want to limit the frequency of saving and loading.