Proposal for Adding a Friends System in GDevelop

Proposal for Adding a Friends System in GDevelop 5

Dear GDevelop Development Team,

I would like to suggest the implementation of a friends system in GDevelop 5, inspired by the one used in Roblox, with a limit of 100 friends.

Proposed Features:

1. Friends List:

• Add up to 100 friends.
    • Display online/offline status of friends.
    • Search system to find friends by username.
  2. Game Invitations:

• Allow players to send invitations to friends to join ongoing games.
    • Real-time notifications for received invitations.
  3. Friends Management:

• Accept, reject, and remove friends.
    • Option to block unwanted users.
  4. Privacy and Security:

• Privacy settings to control friend requests and online status visibility.
    • Security measures against abuse.

Expected Benefits:

• Increased Engagement: Greater social interaction on the platform.
  • Improved User Experience: Easier formation of communities.
  • Encouragement of Collaborative Creation: Promotion of player collaborations.
6 Likes

That’s a cool idea and with the new multiplayer feature would be cool to invite your friends to your lobbies

1 Like

Hello damikeles,
Thank you for your topic. As explained on ⭐ Welcome to the User Feedback channel!, we kindly ask people to keep only one feature request per topic. This way it is easier to classify, tag and follow them.

I also don’t understand where are you expecting to add a friend?
Feel free to edit your topic to make it a single request so I can classify it accordingly. :slight_smile: (btw, you’re free to create other topics for the other features if you like).

1 Like

friend list for Gd.games, now with the multiplayer feature would be cool to invite friends to our games when we are in the lobby, plus on gd.games you don’t need to download any games, so it will be cool if you can play with someone if you see him online.
More is good for us developers, where if we need to test our multiplayer game would be really useful to invite a friend in our test lobby, instead searching for people on the discord etc .

1 Like