Solved: Gdexporter fails with error

Quite some time ago I added gd-exporter into my ci-cd pipeline, and since then no longer worried about. Today I found out it is not processing successfully a project that I last changed 11 months ago. I cannot tell since when exactly it started failing. My first action was to improve error handling so I get notifications on failure. This part is not related to gdevelop.

But what is related is that gd-exporter fails with the message

πŸ““ No config file found!
βŒ› Loading plugins...
βŒ› Loading GDCore...
πŸ•— Getting latest release tag...
❌ The GDevelop version was not found, downloading it!
πŸ•— Starting download of GDevelop Runtime 'v5.0.0-beta119'...
πŸ•— Starting download of GDevelop Core...
βœ… Done downloading libGD.js
βœ… Done downloading GDevelop Runtime 'v5.0.0-beta119'
πŸ•— Extracting GDevelop Runtime 'v5.0.0-beta119'...
βœ… Done extracting the GDevelop Runtime
πŸ•— Compiling Runtime...
βœ… Done downloading libGD.wasm
βœ… Runtime built in 993ms
βœ… Successfully downloaded GDevelop version 'v5.0.0-beta119'
βŒ› Loading project...

[omitted some very long output]

ReferenceError: message is not defined
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/gdexporter/src/main.js:26:55
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/gdexporter/node_modules/gdcore-tools/src/downloadGD.js:195:59
    at Set.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Object.onAbort (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/gdexporter/node_modules/gdcore-tools/src/downloadGD.js:195:37)
    at process.abort (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/gdexporter/node_modules/gdcore-tools/src/Versions/v5.0.0-beta119/libGD.js:9:15232)
    at process.emit (node:events:390:28)
    at emit (node:internal/process/promises:136:22)
    at processPromiseRejections (node:internal/process/promises:242:25)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:97:32)

Is this message gd-exporter internal, or is it a problem in my game? Remember, at least 11 months ago the gd-exporter would have processed without an error, and my game has not changed since.

Related threads:

Ah sorry to hear that! Since the project I had made GDexporter for has gone innactive so I couldn’t see if it broke. That definitely looks like a GDexporter issue. I’ll check it out as soon as I am on a PC, though that might take a while since i just left for two weeks of vacation :grimacing:

Note though that GDexporter is not an β€œofficial” GDevelop software, prefer the project page for reporting issues :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. The issue is not time critical. It has probably not worked for some time - two weeks are not too bad. Enjoy your vacation. :slight_smile:

Regarding bug-reporting: Without your confirmation I was not even sure whether I am looking at a bug. But to make it easier to remember for the two of us I created Gdexporter ReferenceError: message is not defined Β· Issue #5 Β· arthuro555/gdexporter Β· GitHub.

1 Like

The issue was resolved in record speed. Thank you arthuro555!