What's your score on Wordle?

I’m bad at wordle xd

This result… is undesirable. I goofed, and it cost me dearly.

Wordle 338 X/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Oh no, the dreaded scenario where you have more options than attempts left. Then it becomes a guessing game :frowning:.

I think I know what letters you had to choose from. And I think I was fortunate enough to eliminate 3 of those with my starter word for today :

Spoiler - my starter word

STEAM

Wordle 338 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Oh my goodness, I looked up the meaning of the one starting with the final letter in your starter word. Haha, there’s no way they’d have that and it’s slang anyway. Perhaps, MrMen, you are forgetting the word that one does when one watches all episodes of a tv series in one day. That’s more likely to be one that cw tried.

Nvm that, tell us your mistakes and bad luck, there’s a lot of it here already so some more will be fine.

Wordle 338 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Yes definitely not that word. Although not used, it did enter my mind :stuck_out_tongue:

i am not playing rn. i might play, in return i will say score

tbh idk its prob not endles but here my view
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

Huh? You got the second letter in your 4th guess but didn’t use the letters from your 3rd guess to work out what the word might be? Do you know how to play Wordle?

:grin:

That was my guess #3. But the slang word did cross my mind…

Yes, I need to say something about this too. Firstly, I assume it’s Wordle 338, you didn’t include that part, it’s normally just part of the share results.
OneEyadox
Line 1: you had one yellow letter. That means it was in the final answer but in the wrong place
Line 2: You may have put the line 1 yellow in the same place, not sure.
Line 3: You have two green letters. That means they are in the final word and in the correct place.
Line 4. You now have the correct second letter but didn’t use your correct 3rd and 4th letters from line 3.
Line 5. You now have the correct letters for positions two, three and four but you only used the second one.
Line 6: This is where you completely lost any sense of what to do. You didn’t use any of the green and maybe yellow letters you already had. Haha, you just went completely into a new word.

OneEyadox, I don’t know if you looked up the answer afterwards, but in case you didn’t, here it is:

The actual answer to Wordle 338, no hidden layers, just there in your next click if you open this

HINGE

So, I hope that you can compare the answer word with your guesses for each line and see what you did and what you could have done better.

Hope to see your Wordle 339 :+1:

Did you deliberately remove the results from your copied share? Thats kinda odd :thinking:

I almost failed as well. I got really nervous at the end haha.

Wordle 338 6/6*

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 339 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:

Huzzah. My dignity has been partially restored.

Nice one cw. Haha, did you use MrMen’s starter word from yesterday?

It was a tricky one for me.

Wordle 339 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

Hmm, my starter from yesterday didn’t help as much as I’d hoped today :

Wordle 339 5/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

Haha I did indeed and got lucky with my first guess.

For me too :frowning:

Wordle 339 X/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

When I saw what the word was I felt really stupid, these basic words sometimes just get ya.

So for Wordle 338, did you, MrMen and cw, both use the word

Relates to Wordle 338 answer

alium

before you tried the correct answer? Unusual choice or have I missed something?

ES, it really was one of those words that is unlike most other words in terms of structure, without the right letters early, it’s very difficult.

No, and I didn’t know that was a word. But it’s the same as the word

Almost the answer to 339

algum

Yes, I think an unusual choice.

relates to answer 338

My first guess after the starter word was alarm

Ahh, my pet peeve - 4 letters correct, the last letter is a lucky dip :

Wordle 340 4/6*

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square: